Valent Air Management Systems is a manufacturer of high-outdoor air packaged rooftop systems designed to address the needs of building owners, specifying engineers, and installing contractors. When designing and building our products we focus on four primary tenets, premium quality construction, comprehensive packaging, a thorough run-testing program, and powerful and flexible controls packages.
Premium Quality Construction
Valent units are constructed with premium features to reduce energy consumption, increase control over occupant comfort, and lengthen the product's service life.
- Panel construction - entire casing (including access doors) comprised of 2" foam-injected, double-wall panels for a solid structure designed for years of exposure to the elements. In addition, individual panels are thermally broken, maximizing thermal resistance and resulting in lower overall energy consumption.
- Direct-drive plenum fans - direct-drive design eliminates belts and sheaves for reduced vibration and noise transmittal. Backward-inclined plenum fans are quieter and more efficient than their forward-curved counterparts.
- Evaporator and hot-gas reheat coil separation - in order to prevent condensate re-evaporation and to monitor the evaporator coil leaving air temperature, all Valent units are designed with a minimum 6" of separation between the evaporator and hot-gas reheat coil.
- Indirect gas furnace - all indirect gas furnaces include a 2-stage blower for true 4:1 turndown. In addition, heat exchanger tubes are always constructed of 409 stainless steel for years of trouble-free service.
- Vertically-oriented heat wheel - energy recovery wheels are installed vertically to minimize bearing wear. In order to simplify maintenance, energy wheel cassettes are accessible through a hinged access door and slide out of the unit without the use of tools.
At Valent we believe that a packaged rooftop should include everything required to operate the unit when it leaves the factory. In support of this belief, all Valent units include the following comprehensive feature sets:
- Single-point wiring - all units include a non-fused disconnect with all wiring and connections complete from the factory.
- Variable frequency drives - standard on all supply and exhaust fan sections, variable frequency drives are used for balancing as well as optional VAV or building pressurization control sequences.
- Refrigeration system - all controls, refrigerant, piping, and other items required to operate and control the refrigeration system are included as standard equipment from Valent.
Thorough Run-Testing Program
Each and every production unit undergoes Valent's 1-1.5 hour run testing procedure prior to shipment. Below are some of the key systems evaluated in our testing.
- General - review overall controls system, measure amperage of all motors and compressors, dielectric withstand testing (hipot test).
- Refrigerant system - verify evaporator, hot-gas reheat, and condensing performance as well as record sub-cooling and superheat for all refrigeration circuits.
- Heating system - Review settings and performance of indirect gas furnace, electric heat, or Temperator heating system as equipped.
- Airflow system - Check direct-drive fans for balanced rotation inside unit casing and review operation and programming of factory-supplied VFD.
Powerful and Flexible Controls Package
Standard equipment on all Valent units is an advanced microprocessor controls system designed to increase occupant comfort and reduce energy consumption.
- Standard features - all units ship with a unit controller, LCD display, internal time-clock, and basic discharge air control sequence providing at a minimum, stand-alone operation.
- Discharge air control - two forms of discharge air control are available from Valent -- one with, the other without space temperature and humidity reset functionality.
- Variable air volume - since all Valent units include standard VFD-driven supply and exhaust fans, the ability to perform variable air volume sequences is always an option.
- Demand control - standard modulating dampers can be used to change the quantity of outdoor air based on space needs.
- Building pressurization control - supply fan, exhaust fan, or dampers can be used to maintain a pressure differential within a served space. In addition, building pressurization control can be paired with a variable air volume or demand control sequence for maximum comfort and energy savings.
- Communication - BACnet IP, BACnet MSTP, or LonTalk communication available for integration into a new or existing building management system. An optional web-based interface (Web UI) is also available for control of the unit over a network when a full BMS system is not present.